Clothing Styles





Ashley: Hey, Jake. Are you ready for your trip?

Jake: Well, not really. I still have to buy some clothes.

Ashley: Well, what's the weather like where you're going?

Jake: Well, uh, it's really hot in the summer, so I'm going to buy some shorts, sandals, and a few t-shirts.

Ashley: What about the rest of the year?

Jake: People say that the fall can still be warm until November, so I'm going to buy some jeans and a few casual shirts.

Ashley: Will you need any warm clothes for the winter?

Jake: Well, the weather doesn't get too cold, but it often snows in the mountains, so I'm going to buy a couple of warm sweaters, a jacket, and a hat. I don't have room in my suitcase to pack a coat, so I'm going to wait until I get there and buy it when I really need it.

Ashley: Are you going to take anything else?

Jake: They say it rains cats and dogs in the spring, but again, I'll probably just wait and pick up a raincoat or an umbrella later on. But, I'm going to take a good pair of shoes because I plan on walking to and from school everyday.

Ashley: Do you need any clothing for formal occasions?

Jake: Well, you never know when you might need something on the spur of the moment for a wedding or maybe someone's graduation, or a nice date, so I'll probably take some nice slacks, a dress shirt, and a couple (of) crazy ties or two.

Ashley: Um, that makes sense.

Jake: And I'll just rent a suit or tuxedo if I need anything more formal. Hey, maybe I'll get married.

Ashley: You? Married? Hah!

Jake: Wait. What are you trying to say?

Ashley: I just can't imagine you decked out in a tuxedo for any formal occasion. [What?!] I mean, for high school graduation, you wore an old pair of jeans and tennis shoes.

Jake: Hey, there was a reason for that, so let me explain. [Yeah, ha, ha.] No, really. You see, it goes like this . . .





★Word
  rain cats and dogs 傾盆大雨
★Vocabulary
    idiom 成語
★Mean
   to rain very heavily 雨下非常大
★Example
    Don't forget to take your umbrella - it's raining cats and dogs 
    out there.
  別忘了帶上你的雨傘,那裡正下著傾盆大雨。






★Word
  on the spur of the moment 一時衝動
★Vocabulary
    idiom 成語
★Mean
 used to say that a decision, action, etc. is sudden and done without any planning
(決定、行動等)一時衝動的,心血來潮的
★Example
  We hadn't planned to go away - it was one of those spur-of-
   the- moment  decisions.
  我們本來沒打算走的——這是一時衝動作出的決定。






★Word
  slacks 休閒褲
★Vocabulary
   noun 名詞
★Mean
   trousers/pants for men or  
  women, that are not part of a suit
 男士或女士的褲子/褲子,不屬於西裝
★Example
    a pair of slacks.
   一件休閒褲。





★Word
    make sense 合理
★Vocabulary
    idiom 成語
★Mean
   to have a clear meaning and 
   be easy to understand
   具有清晰的含義並易於理解
★Example
  Read this and tell me if it makes sense.
  閱讀並告訴我是否合理。



★Word
  tennis 網球
★Vocabulary
    noun 名詞
★Mean
   a game played between two   
   or four people on a special       
   playing area that involves   
   hitting a small ball across a    
   central net using a racket
   網球運動
★Example
  They first met each other on the tennis circuit .
  他們第一次在網球場上相遇。








★Article Source

★Use a dictionary
  Cambridge:https://goo.gl/aQgSvF
   LONGMAN:https://goo.gl/yb54Aw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog